Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop

Subject   Re: st: Replace with returned results in svy loop
Date   Sun, 29 May 2011 19:11:52 -0500

If in doubt where a value is stored, type -ereturn list- after the estimation command. After -mean-, e(b) has the mean of the variable. So, to get the mean stored in a scalar, do something like

webuse nhanes2f, clear
svy: mean houssiz
mat varmean = e(b)
scalar vmean = varmean[1,1]

Having said that, substituting the mean for missing data is generally not considered the best practice in the world. And, there may be other errors in your code (e.g. the == in the replace command looks wrong) but I imagine those will become obvious once you tidy other things up.