st: Adding white space between sets of parameters with -estout-

From   Bert Jung <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Adding white space between sets of parameters with -estout-
Date   Fri, 20 May 2011 21:04:13 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I use the fabulous -estout- to produce Latex tables.  To improve
legibility I would like to add white space between each set of two
parameters, the coefficient and standard error.

I can add the Latex "\addlinespace" manually after each set of
parameters using the -varlabels( , elist( ) )- option.  But this is
tedious for long models.  The -end( )- option will add the string to
every table row, but that creates unwanted white space between the
coefficient and standard error.

Is there any way to automatically add a string below each set of parameters?

Thanks Bert

/* Example */

sysuse auto, clear
eststo clear

qui eststo: reg mpg weight turn foreign

* Using -varlabels(, elist() )- to add string -> works but is tedious
estout, cells( b(f(2)) se(f(2)) ) varlabels( , elist(weight
\addlinespace  turn \addlinespace  foreign \addlinespace) )

* Using -end( )- to add string -> adds after every row, not just after
each set of parameters
estout, cells( b(f(2)) se(f(2)) ) end(\addlinespace)

/* Example output

. sysuse auto, clear
(1978 Automobile Data)

. eststo clear

.
. qui eststo: reg mpg weight turn foreign

.
. * Using -varlabels(, elist() )- to add string -> works but is tedious
. estout, cells( b(f(2)) se(f(2)) ) varlabels( , elist(weight
\addlinespace  turn \addlinespace  foreign \addlinespace) )

-------------------------
                     est1
                     b/se
-------------------------
weight              -0.01
                     0.00\addlinespace
turn                -0.24
                     0.18\addlinespace
foreign             -2.08
                     1.12\addlinespace
_cons               48.13
                     5.48
-------------------------

.
. * Using -end( )- to add string -> adds after every row, not just
after each set of parameters
. estout, cells( b(f(2)) se(f(2)) ) end(\addlinespace)

-------------------------
                     est1\addlinespace
                     b/se\addlinespace
-------------------------