Re: st: RE: using loop to generate distributions with different means and standard deviations

From   Lance Wiggains <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: using loop to generate distributions with different means and standard deviations
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 00:25:32 -0400

Sorry for the vagueness. Right now I'm just using simulated data for 3
different products. Here is my code:
My data looks like this
Week      Product 1        Product 2      Product 3
1                  50                 45                 50
2                  60                 50                 40
3                  70                 55                 30
4                  80                 50                 20
5                  90                 45                 10
6                  100               50                  0

tsset week
gen n=_n
egen max_n=max(n)

ds week n max_n, not
foreach var in `r(varlist)'{
	tssmooth ma ms_`var'= `var', weights(1 1<2>1)
	}

ds ms*
foreach var in `r(varlist)' {
	gen week3_`var'=`var' if n==max_n
	egen max_week3_`var'=max(week3_`var')
	drop week3*

}
drop ms*

ds week n max_*, not
foreach var in `r(varlist)' {
	gen max_`var'=max_week3_ms_`var'
}
drop max_week*

keep if n+3>=max_n
ds week n max*, not
foreach var in `r(varlist)'{
	egen sd_`var'=sd(`var')
}

rename max_n maximum_n

ds max_* sd* week, not
foreach var in `r(varlist)'{
	drop `var'
}

drawnorm product1, m(max_product1) sd(sd_product1)

Thanks,

Lance