Re: st: RE: xtreg and xtivreg2

From   "Averett, Susan L" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: xtreg and xtivreg2
Date   Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:01:42 -0400 (EDT)

Mark, Yep! Thank you so much!
Susan

Susan Averett
Dana Professor
Department of Economics
Lafayette College
Easton, PA 18042
phone: 610-330-5307
fax: 610-330-5715
email: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark E Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, April 2, 2011 5:31:57 PM
Subject: st: RE: xtreg and xtivreg2

Susan,

xtreg does drop it - it just doesn't tell you.  You can confirm this by
cross-checking the coefficient estimates reported by xtreg,fe and
xtivreg2,fe when the same specification is used, i.e., no endogenous
regressors.  They should be identical.

--Mark (xtivreg2 author)

registered under charity number SC000278.