st: RE: IVREG2 contradicting results Kleibergen Paap and Angrist Pischke weak identification test.

Subject   st: RE: IVREG2 contradicting results Kleibergen Paap and Angrist Pischke weak identification test.
Date   Sat, 2 Apr 2011 22:41:20 +0100

V.L.,

My interpretation of your results is in terms of the different null
hypotheses involved.  You can reject the null that X1 is not identified;
you can reject the null that X1^2 is not identified; but you can't
reject the null that either X1 or X1^2 is not identified.

I think your explanation is probably right - X1 and X1^2 are so closely
correlated that you can identify one, or the other, but not both.

HTH,
Mark