Re: st: svyset with raked weights

From   Fernando Terrés <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: svyset with raked weights
Date   Tue, 08 Mar 2011 19:11:02 +0100

Steve,
1. Stratum variables are municipalities (66) that were sampled to get the phone numbers. Some of these strata are small, and are not used in the statistical analysis. The interest lies in groups of municipalities, which can be grouped in regions (20), and autonomous areas (3). The main regional interest is on these three areas. 2. The purpose of the study is mainly descriptive of working conditions (univariate and multivariate, and multiple correspondence analysis). I think that for this purpose I could simply use the raked weights, but I would like to be able to make inferences (if it is not complicated). 3. Primary sample units are households. Secondary sample units are employees in the household, but with the peculiarity that only one individual is selected in each household (selection probabilities are given in terms of total number of individuals in each household and total number of employees in the household). 4. Primary sample units were selected at random. The individual to interview was also selected at random, if more than one lived in the household.
Many thanks.

--
Fernando Terres
Lecturer. PhD candidate