Re: st: using several years of survey data

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: using several years of survey data
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2011 14:02:43 -0500

Maria, ordinarily I would say that your set up is correct.  However, sometimes in this kind of study (I'm not familiar with yours), the population is randomly divided into five groups of about equal size; then one group a year is surveyed. In 10 years, each group would appear twice. In this case, I don't know if the standard sampling formulas apply. I suggest that you contact the study statisticians for some guidance.

Steve
[email protected]