RE: st: GLLAMM SYNTAX MEDIATION

From   "Smith, Stephanie Moller" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: GLLAMM SYNTAX MEDIATION
Date   Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:42:54 -0500

The equation is:

y=b0 + b1x1
b0=b2w1+u
logit link
where w1 is predicted to impact y via x1

I found the attached logistic mediation spreadsheet online.
Could I group mean center x1, and then put the slope, sd, etc of x1bar... into the attached spreadsheet
here y=b0+b1(xij-xbarj)
b0=b2xbarj + b3w1j + U
(logit link)

so that w1 is the causal variable and xbarj is the mediator variable?   If so, would I need to get descriptives for yij or for ybarj?

Thank you.

Stephanie Moller, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Sociology
Interim Director, Masters of Arts in Liberal Studies Program

http://sociology.uncc.edu/people/smoller/