RE: st: FW: Marginal effects for the two-part model

From   "Michael Palmer" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: FW: Marginal effects for the two-part model
Date   Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:49:08 +1100

Thanks for the clarification! Mills' not Mill's - mental note. There
seems to be some confusion on the computation of marginal effects for
the TPM I described as some authors still suggest combined marginal
effects. This paper for example distinguishes the Heckit model and its
inverse Mills' ratio from the TPM yet presents combined marginal effect
calculations in both instances:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/h07u7807486673r8/

Cheers, Michael

Michael Palmer
PhD Candidate
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health
The Australian National University
Ph. 6125 0538
M. 0437 867 940