st: RE: Quick doubt about the 2-way clustering option used in IV_GMM2s

Subject   st: RE: Quick doubt about the 2-way clustering option used in IV_GMM2s
Date   Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:16:58 -0000

Jordana,

I'm guessing that you're using -ivreg2- for the GMM estimation - is that
right?  If so, you can get your first-stage regressions from the -first-
option, or you can use -ivreg2- to do the first-stage regression by hand
using OLS.  Is the first-stage F-stat still missing in that case?

If that doesn't work, maybe post an example to the list of the output to
illustrate what the problem is.

Cheers,
Mark

> I would like to understand if it happens because there is no
> sense in using the F-statistic because I am assuming that the
> s.e are non independent once I am indicating the 2-way
> clustering? How could I test the regression significance?
>
> Since now, thank you very much for your comments,
> Jordana
>

> Jordana Rodrigues Cunha
> PhD. Candidate
> University of Bologna
> Department of Management
> Via Capo di Lucca, 34, 1st floor
> 40126 - Bologna, ITALY
> Fixed line:  0039 (051) 20 98 073
> Fax: 0039 (051) 20 98 074
> [email protected]
> www.sa.unibo.it

registered under charity number SC000278.