st: RE: RE: Graphing: How to suppress labels on second y axis

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Graphing: How to suppress labels on second y axis
Date   Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:20:32 +0100

That's correct. The maximum is put in r(max) after -summarize- but all r-class results are ephemeral and the next r-class command will overwrite or obliterate them. So, make all the use you want of r(max) before it is lost.

(Since many graphics commands do some computation internally they may well use an r-class command.)

The other side of the coin from my previous advice is that if you want to keep hold of a result you should indeed store it. Your code didn't show that you wanted to do that.

That said, it is not clear why you want to repeat exactly the same calculations. Don't you have the results stored in the variable you generated?

If they are not really the same calculations, then it is natural that the same command might need to be repeated on different data.

For a start on documentation, see help on -saved results-.

McDermaid, Cameron

Having tested this a little more thoroughly, unless I'm doing something wrong (script below) it appears r(max) isn't maintained in the loop so is missing when the alert`lev' is to be reset to 1, resulting in a missing values for the operation.

The solution is to use the local macro assignment of r(max) as I did previously or insert sum `lev'normalized, meanonly  before alert`lev'=alert`lev'/r(max) when the alert`lev' is to be reset to 1.

-cam

loc levels=" Respiratory Asthma ILI"
foreach lev of loc levels {
sum `lev'count, meanonly