st: Graphing: How to suppress labels on second y axis

From   "McDermaid, Cameron" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graphing: How to suppress labels on second y axis
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:41:37 -0400

Stata 11 SE

I am trying to suppress labelling on a second y axis in a combined
graph.  The graph is normalized patient flow vs. dates as a line graph
(yaxis 1) with a dropline graph showing alert events (yaxis 2). The
alert events are dichotomous and a maximum of 1 can appear per day so a
scale for the alerts (0-1) isn't really useful.

The working graph command is as follows from a foreach command (hence
the local macro `lev'):

twoway line `lev'normalized adm_date, by(hospital, col(1) legend(off)
note(" ") title("`lev' Syndrome", size(medium))) name(Normalized_`lev')
yaxis(1) ylabel(#4, angle(0) labsize(vsmall) axis(1)) ytitle("Proportion
of Cases (%)") xtitle("Date") xlabel(#10, labsize(small)) || dropline
alert`lev' adm_date, yaxis(2) msymbol(i) ylabel(0(1)1,axis(2))

If I use ylabel(none, axis(2)), I get the following error message:
"incompatible types   may not assign class to double" and the process
stops.  My understanding was that I added the rule (none) and the
suboption axis(n) to designate the axis to which the rule is applied.

Any thoughts on how to suppress labelling on axis 2 would be
appreciated.

- cam

--
Cameron McDermaid MHSc
Epidemiologist

All models are wrong, some models are useful - George Box

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the
telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le pr'esent courriel a 'et'e exp'edi'e par le syst`eme de courriels de
la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou
reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent
par une personne autre que son destinataire pr'evu est interdite.
Si vous avez recu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
t'el'ephone (au num'ero pr'ecit'e) ou par courriel, puis supprimer
sans d'elai la version originale de la communication ainsi que
toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.