Re: st: looking for more efficient programming for randomly shuffling list of numbers

Subject   Re: st: looking for more efficient programming for randomly shuffling list of numbers
Date   Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:03:26 -0400

Evelyn, I see a problem with your proposed selection scheme:  If there
are say, three eligible people in a HH, and that HH is assigned
sticker "17", who are you going to select?  For  valid methods,  see
Section 4.,9 "Selecting Persons within Households" of  Robert Groves
et al (2009). Survey Methodology, 2nd Ed, Wiley, pp 134-137  and pp.
"Procedures for Selecting the Respondent", p. 128 of Lu Ann Aday
(2006), Designing and Conducting Health Surveys: a Comprehensive
Guide, Jossey--Bass, 3rd (and earlier) editions,

Steve

--
Steven Samuels
[email protected]