Re: AW: AW: st: Panelvar

From   Natalie Trapp <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: AW: AW: st: Panelvar
Date   Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:16:56 +0200

Thank you Martin. I will keep it in mind for the future ;o)

On 8/6/2010 10:59 AM, Martin Weiss wrote:
<>

" I used it for my panel data set to generate a unique identification for
surveyed European farms depending on certain characteristics such as
region, sub region, farm type, farm size, etc. but it is redundant in
the brand names case."

I am guessing, admittedly, but

egen, group()

may well serve you better, then...