AW: st: RE: AW: AW: RE: AW: RE: Transposing datasets

Subject   AW: st: RE: AW: AW: RE: AW: RE: Transposing datasets
Date   Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:52:32 +0200

<>

" Indeed, I have stored datadate in %td- format, which
caused my problems with the reshape command."

The display -format- should not matter at all, I think, for -reshape- purposes. This code runs w/o problems:

*************
clear*

inp gvkey str10	datadate mcap_sum
212782	30jun2005	4946.9
212782	31jul2005	5042.1
212782	31aug2005	5145
212782	30sep2005	5302.5
212782	31oct2005	5253.5
212782	30nov2005	5642.7
212782	31dec2005	6230
212783	30jun2005	496.9
212783	31jul2005	502.1
212783	31aug2005	515
212783	30sep2005	530.5
212783	31oct2005	523.5
212783	30nov2005	562.7
212783	31dec2005	630
end

li, noo sepby(gvkey)

gen datadate2=date(datadate, "DMY")
form datadate2 %td

drop datadate

reshape wide mcap, i(gvkey) j(datadate2)

foreach var of varlist mcap_sum*{
	ren `var' `=subinstr("`var'", "mcap_sum", "date_", 1)'
}

HTH
Martin