Re: st: Presenting data in a desired form

From   David Radwin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Presenting data in a desired form
Date   Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:41:03 -0700 (PDT)

I did this some years ago, when I was a lowly teaching assistant, using Microsoft Word's mail merge feature. It has the added advantage of enabling you to automatically email the grades, although you should first check applicable government and campus regulations regarding sending student grades and other personal information by email. You could probably accomplish the same thing using the open source alternatives to Word/Excel, OpenOffice or NeoOffice.

See http://davidradwin.com/teaching/ for instructions.

You'll need to -reshape wide- and -outsheet- your grades in Stata first, so Martin's solution may be preferable.

David

--
David Radwin
Research Associate