Re: st: Stata 11.1 available

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 11.1 available
Date   Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:59:41 +0100

Thanks to all at StataCorp for this. I particularly like the -pformat()- option and the -set pformat- command. I think I will add to my -profile.do- the command

set pformat %-5.1e

so that I don't need to see any more uninformative P-values of 0.000, which could really be anything from 0 to 5.0e-04. (This whole range of P-values was thought by some 20th-century biostatisticians to be as good as zero, before the invention of biochips and genome scans, which routinely generate millions of multiple comparisons at a time.)

I don't seem to be able to find any reference, even in -help undocumented-, to making it possible for Stata users to write their own .pdf documentation for their own user-written packages and to integrate this .pdf documentation with Stata on-line help in the manner of the official Stata user manuals. This project was mentioned on StataList at

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-06/msg00963.html

Is this a project for a future update? Or is it just so undocumented that it isn't even mentioned in -help undocumented-? (Sorry to be a pest.)

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics