Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement

From   Alan Riley <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement
Date   Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:06:24 -0500

Roger Newson ( asked if StataCorp would
provide users a way to write their own PDF 'manual' entries:
> One immediate query re Stata 11 .PDF manuals. Is StataCorp planning to
> distribute the TeX styles and macros used in creating these, so users
> can produce house-style documentation for their own packages, complete
> with formulas and graphics?

We want users to be able to link from their help files to PDF
documentation they write.  This will be a project which will be done
during Stata 11 and released as a free update along the way.  As part
of that, we will release a set of LaTeX styles and macros which you
can use to create user-written documentation in similar style to the
official Stata documentation.