Re: st: Binary Variables

From   Natalie Trapp <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Binary Variables
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:03:28 +0200

Hi Neil,

I use Stata 11 and do a normal OLS estimation (with the "reg" command):

y = dependent variable (agricultural inputs)
x = independent variables (climate variables, crops, etc.) and dummy
variables that represent the 150 regions within the EU

The coefficients of the dependent variable within each region are very
divers and significant for about 120 regions.

My Problem is for instance, when "Schleswig Holstein" is my reference
group, Stata adittionally omits Valle d'Aoste, Vlaanderen and Ile de France.
Still, I don't quite understand why Stata does it, because the regions
(Germany, France, Netherlands) do not seem to be similar to me.

Kind regards,
Natalie