AW: st: RE: AW: RE: AW: recode 9, 99, 999,..., into missing

Subject   AW: st: RE: AW: RE: AW: recode 9, 99, 999,..., into missing
Date   Mon, 17 May 2010 16:58:46 +0200

<>
" But it's not good style and the better way to code this would be

if inlist(`r(max)', 7, 8, 9) mvdecode ...

The difference between the first and the second forms is that Stata checks
the -if- clause _N times the first form and just 1 time the second."

Admittedly, I was about to admit defeat in the battle of "programming if"
versus "if qualifier", but now that Nick`s opinion is in, I am not going
to...

HTH
Martin