RE: st: zero truncated negative binomial (ztnb) with sampling weight

From   "Kim, Seung Gyu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: zero truncated negative binomial (ztnb) with sampling weight
Date   Fri, 14 May 2010 16:06:25 -0400

I am sorry to say I don't have clear answer for that since I was trying to duplicate the estimation first using the sas code provided for Lambert and McNamara 2010 (Agricultural Economics, 40(6) 617-630, its supporting materials are available online at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122665171/suppinfo). That denominator was defined in the code. Then, I wanted to extend the code to incorporate truncated and sampling weight. Thanks.

SG

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Steve Samuels
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 3:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: zero truncated negative binomial (ztnb) with sampling weight

There's will be no difference in the estimate parameters, but if you
will have incorrect standard errors (usually much too small) if you do
not -svyset- your data and provide stratum/cluster information. I'm
curious: the denominator of your residual is not the SD of a negative
binomial variable (see any probability book or the manual reference on
-nbreg-); what is it?

SS

Steven Samuels
[email protected]