[no subject]

Description

    craggit fits Cragg's "two-tier" (also sometimes called "two-stage"
or "double-hurdle") alternative to tobit for corner-solution models,
which incorporates the probit model in the first tier and truncated
normal regression in the second tier (e.g., truncreg with a lower
limit = 0).  The main advantage of craggit over tobit is that an
independent variable's effect on the probability of a positive outcome
and its effect on the quantity of that outcome are determined by
separate processes.  Also, tobit is nested in craggit, making it a
popular choice among "two-tier"models.

 More information: http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0179

HTH,

Joao Lima

2010/5/11 Martin Weiss <[email protected]>:

> <>
>

> Forwarded on behalf of Vincenzo. Note it is better to contact the list
> directly.
>

> So, does anyone know about the fate of -dhurdle-? I have an old version
> dated
> *! version 1.0 12 Feb 2003
> lying around on my hard drive...
>

> HTH