Re: st: RE: fitted values in xtmepoisson and xtpoisson

Subject   Re: st: RE: fitted values in xtmepoisson and xtpoisson
Date   Tue, 11 May 2010 17:42:56 -0400

Dan--
The fitted values assume e_i=0 which is rather more consequential in
the normal case; look at the means, or try

webuse epilepsy, clear
xtset subject
qui poisson seizures lage i.subject
predict f
la var f "FE Poisson"
qui xtpoisson seizures lage, re normal
predict n, nu0
la var n "Normal error"
qui xtpoisson seizures lage, re
predict g, nu0
la var g "Gamma error"
sort lage
g x=round(50*exp(lage))
qui xtpoisson seizures i.x, re normal
predict yn, nu0
qui xtpoisson seizures i.x, re
predict yg, nu0
su n g yn yg seizures
g rn=seizures/n
su rn, mean
g infln=n*r(mean)
table x, c(mean yn mean yg mean seizures)
table x, c(mean g mean n mean infln)
su seizures n g yn yg infln
sort x
tw lowess seizures x||line n x||line g x||line infln x