RE: st: How do i substitute the return local of program in the if expression of the egen command?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How do i substitute the return local of program in the if expression of the egen command?
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:55:52 +0100

Thanks for this. I omitted to plug a review on working row-wise

SJ-9-1  pr0046  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Rowwise
        (help rowsort, rowranks if installed) . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q1/09   SJ 9(1):137--157
        shows how to exploit functions, egen functions, and Mata
        for working rowwise; rowsort and rowranks are introduced

A Loumiotis

Thanks a lot for your help, especially to Nick for his detailed
response and for the alternative ways to solve my questions!
Everything is now clear!

Antonis