Re: st: Trouble with ml init and convergence

Subject   Re: st: Trouble with ml init and convergence
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:15:30 -0600

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Dana Chandler <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm estimating a model where I have a cross-section that includes the
> population and the number of religious organizations within several
> hundred towns. Each town has 0 to 5 organizations (top-coded) and I'd
> like to estimate an ordered probit where the outcome is the number of
> religious organizations and the predictors are population or some
> transformation of the population variable.

This looks more like Poisson regression than an ordinal probit to me. An
additional advantage of Poisson regression is that you can directly control
for the size of the city with -offset- option.