Re: st: ivreg2 and LATE

Subject   Re: st: ivreg2 and LATE
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:05:30 -0500

Francesco Burchi <[email protected]> :

Since you don't have a dummy endog var, you don't have defiers or
compliers, per se.  What you want to know is, what is the impact on
the density of the endog variable, or the difference in CDFs; see
http://www.nber.org/~kling/kling_iv.pdf and the published version:
Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 19:3 (July 2001), 358-364.
Angrist and Pischke also discuss this same point:
http://books.google.com/books?id=bUZzyXeV1JUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=angrist+pischke&cd=1#v=snippet&q=%22CDF%20difference%22&f=false