AW: st: How to divide the sample into quintiles?

Subject   AW: st: How to divide the sample into quintiles?
Date   Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:27:50 +0100

<>

" By the way, how do add the mean in this quintiles"

Use -egen, mean()-:

sysuse auto, clear
xtile quant = mpg, nquantiles(5)
bys quant: egen meaninsidequantile=mean(mpg)
sort quant
l mpg  meaninsidequantile quant, sepby(quant) h(20)

HTH
Martin