st: Wanting to forest plot sensitivity and -LR for categorical outcomes

From   Eddie <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Wanting to forest plot sensitivity and -LR for categorical outcomes
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2010 22:08:11 -0800 (PST)

Dear Stata listers,
I am hoping to create a forest plot of sensitivity and -LR using metandi. Unfortunately I believe I am not able to use MIDAS without Stata 10. Using Stata 8.2, I have a set of 14 studies of a diagnostic outcome with a categorical outcome. They are in the format author yr n tp fp fn tn
I am able to plot sROC, calcuate summary estimates of Se, Sp, -LR, DOR, etc and also have calculated the individual parameters for the Se and Sp (using metandi_p).  I have reached a technical sticking point and am wondering if a kind person familiar with metandi can recommend the most time efficient way to either produce the variances for Se and Sp needed for the forest plot or just plot directly the graph itself. Or, if not perhaps an alternate method of estimating the variance.   Thank you kindly in advance.  Eddie