st: AW: Problem running Stata for Windows in batch mode

Subject   st: AW: Problem running Stata for Windows in batch mode
Date   Fri, 5 Mar 2010 15:13:42 +0100

<>

Following the instructions for "Method 1" in [GSW], C.6., I do get correct
behavior. The command prompt allows you to specify the dir where the log
file will end up. One temptation to resist is clicking on the icon in the
taskbar. This brings up the prompt about continuing for me. Just let it run
its course. In spite of a constant percentage being displayed in the icon in
the taskbar, it is working: The percentage is based on characters, so with a
loop as in my test do-file, it is bound to be "wrong" for a long time:

*************
set rmsg off
set linesize 120

forv i=1/10{
	webuse productivity, clear
	xtmixed gsp private emp hwy water /*
 */ other unemp || region: || state:, mle
}

Forgetting the last empty line is yet another pitfall, btw...

HTH
Martin