Re: st: strata with single sampling units

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: strata with single sampling units
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:04:25 -0500

" Would I be safe in assuming that one would use weight and PSU, and ignore
strata in this case? "

No. Do not ignore the stratum specification.  By placing certainty
units in their unique strata you ensure that they contribute nothing
to the between-PSU component of variance.  If the purpose of your
study is to describe the population, then the first stage fpc for the
certainty units should be 1.

Steve Samuels
[email protected]
18 Cantine's Island