RE: st: LSM smoothing

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: LSM smoothing
Date   Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:12:12 +0200

Thanks to all who advised to use -colelms-. It solves my problem.
Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tirthankar Chakravarty
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: LSM smoothing

It probably isn't LSM that you are looking for, and not the 1972 paper
either. Help for -zbmicat- (SJ) indicates the correct reference to the
1992 paper involving the LMS smoother.

For Cole's LMS smoother, try -colelms- (SSC) by Zhiqiang Wang & Mark Pearce:

ssc install colelms
h colelms

2010/2/24  <[email protected]>:
> LSM smoothing was described by Cole and Green (1972). STATA help gives
> only one reference for LMS, namely the user written functions zanthro
> and zbmicat. As I understood these functions do not perform LMS smoothig
> of the user data, but calculate z-score using one of two reference data
> (US or UK).
> May be somebody knows another STATA command that really performs LMS
> smoothing of the user data, or a corresponding open code in any language
> (e.g. FORTRAN).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ilya Novikov
>
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).