Re: st: RE: Descriptives using multiple-imputed complex survey design data

Subject   Re: st: RE: Descriptives using multiple-imputed complex survey design data
Date   Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:50:21 -0600

This MI data set identifier may be string; -describe- and -destring- it if
needed.

I personally have certain reservations against using multiple imputation
with survey data. I have convinced myself that you are pulling oneself's leg
with stratification: the imputation models usually cut across strata, so
observations between strata cannot be assumed independent anymore. I am sure
there are other problems, too. So for a more appropriate calculation, you'd
probably want to drop stratification from your -svyset-. This essentially
boils down to

mim: <command> [pw=<sampling weight>], cluster( <PSU variable> )

if your original design was

svyset <PSU variable> [pw=<sampling weight>], strata( <strata variable>)

If you had finite population corrections and other stages of selection, then
I don't really know what to make of them.