RE: st: slassification tree

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: slassification tree
Date   Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:58:50 -0000

Note that Wim van Putten's -cart- is not as general as its name implies,
although the SSC description does make that completely clear.

In general, the scope for this kind of work in Stata falls much below
that in other software such as R.

Robert A Yaffee

   If I am make the presumption that you are referring to
a classification and regression tree program, Wim van Putten
of the Netherlands wrote a cart program that is available
on the Stata archive.  If your system is connected to the
internet, try typing on the command line:
findit cart
ssc describe cart
ssc install cart

Ilya Novikov PhD