st: RE: Reshaping question

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Reshaping question
Date   Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:11:30 -0000

You don't spell out what you are finding difficult or what you tried and
why it didn't work or exactly what your variables are. Any of those
would enable better advice.

A -reshape wide-, which is what you seek, could not go as far as the
Boolean. -egen rowmax()- would do the second as the row maximum of a
Boolean is precisely an indicator of whether any value in the row is 1.

However, this sounds like a panel and panels are usually better left as
is. Then -egen  max() by(id)- would be the way to get your indicator.

Anders Gaarsdal Holst

I have a multiple observations per (person) id dataset and a boolean
variable of interest "antibio". I would like to reshape this into a a
single observation per id dataset with a boolean variable indicating
whether the id has one or more observation with antiobio==1.