Re: st: Number of characters in a variable label

From   Mosi Ifatunji <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Number of characters in a variable label
Date   Mon, 15 Feb 2010 09:14:59 -0600

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this has not solved the
problem. I know "needing/wanting" more than 80 characters is not the
norm for a variable label, but I am looking to generate a printout
with the original questions and some basic frequency distributions. I
think I might be stuck using R for this but just wanted to put out a
second call.

My best,

Mosi

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Eric Booth <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mosi--
>
> See this thread:
> http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-02/msg00336.html
>
> ~ Eric
>
> __
> Eric A. Booth
> Public Policy Research Institute
> Texas A&M University
> [email protected]
> Office: +979.845.6754
>

> On Feb 14, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Mosi Ifatunji wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I am using Stata 11 (intercooled) and would liek to know if there is
>> some way to expand the number of characters in a variable label form
>> the preset 80 to some larger number.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> Mosi
>>
>> --
>> Mosi A. Ifatunji, Ph.D. Candidate
>> ASA Pre-Doctoral Fellow
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

Mosi A. Ifatunji, Ph.D. Candidate
ASA Pre-Doctoral Fellow
University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Sociology (MC 312)
1007 West Harrison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60607-7140
Phone: (312) 607-2825
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.uic.edu/depts/soci/
http://blackyouthproject.uchicago.edu/
http://www.2008andbeyond.com/
http://www.ifatunji.com/

"Power concedes nothing without a demand."
                          - Frederick Douglass, 1857