Re: st: competing risks

From   Enzo Coviello <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: competing risks
Date   Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:39:22 +0100

raoul reulen ha scritto:
Dear All

I have a query about competing risks and Cox regression. When
calculating cumulative incidence I understand it is important to
account for competing risks (using, for example, Enzo Coviello's
stcompet). For example, death is a competing risks for recurrence of a
cancer. But what if I am interested in potential explanatory factors
of cancer recurrence (e.g. age at diagnosis)? Would a Cox regression
analysis give me the correct answers or would I have to use the newly
implemented command stcrreg? Both models obviously work, but how
should I interpret the results?

Hi Raoul,

I believe you can find useful to this aim the command -stcompadj- available in the SSC Archive. Note that as ancillary file there is a presentation at the last Italian SUG with some reply to your question.

Best wishes.

Enzo

Thanks.

Raoul

Enzo Coviello
Epidemiology Unit ASL BT
via Fornaci, 201 - 70031 ANDRIA (BT)
Italy
tel mobile 347 5016016 ^^^^
via Imbriani, 186 - 70055 MINERVINO MURGE (BA)
tel +39 0883 695055