st: sqset options: keeplongest vs. trim from Brzinsky-Fay,Kohler, and Luniak, 2006

From   Irune López Pérez <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: sqset options: keeplongest vs. trim from Brzinsky-Fay,Kohler, and Luniak, 2006
Date   Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:55:08 +0000

Hello statalist members,

We are working with a longitudinal (panel)
dataset with missing values only at the beginning and at the end (not in the
middle of the sequence). We want to turn the our data into a sequence
data set using the sqset command. We are having problems using keeplongest and
trim. We really do not understand the difference between them. What does option
“keeplongest” do in comparison to option “trim” when we apply “sqset” to
declare the dataset to be sequence data? Does it maintain the position of the
first observation in the sequence when this is missing? Would it be possible to
see an example how these options are applied and see the results of each of
them?

Thank you very much.

Irune

¿Aún no sabes qué móvil eres? ¡Descúbrelo aquí!
http://www.quemovileres.com/