Re: st: New rules

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New rules
Date   Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:34:49 +0000

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:03 PM,  <[email protected]> wrote:
> Marcello Pagano wrote:
> New subscribers will have to go through a screening process that will add time, hopefully less than a day, before they can subscribe. The screening process is designed to keep some, hopefully very few, people out.
>
> I'm a frequent reader of the Statalist archive but an unfrequent writer. I can't handle all this mails on my work account so I only subscribe temporarily to ask or contribute something.
>
> I don't want to cause any trouble or work with this behaviour. It would be nice to have quick subscription for people already known to majordomo if possible.

That seems unnecessarily complicated, why not just subscribe to the
daily digest version, one email a day that you can even choose to
filter directly to your trash if you don't want to read it.

When you ask a question you can then use one of the various archives
if you are desperate to see if someone has replied before the next
digest is due.

Or I'm sure you could temporarily change your subscription options
from digest to individual emails for the period you wish to wait for
answers to your post, then switch back to the digest afterwards.

Just a thought,

Neil

--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he

Email - [email protected]
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/