Re: RE: st: What multiple regression model for extreme distributions

From   Robert A Yaffee <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: RE: st: What multiple regression model for extreme distributions
Date   Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:14:38 -0500

Muhammed,
You might want to try a Weibull regression, a Frechet or
Gumbel regression.  If you could formulate a regression with
the extreme value distribution, and adjust the location, scale,
and shape parameters to fit your model that might be a good option.
Alternatively, you could run a Bayesian model with one of those
as a conjuage prior if you don't want to use a noninformative prior.
  Cheers,
     Bob

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor