AW: st: AW: Plotting regression coefficients

Subject   AW: st: AW: Plotting regression coefficients
Date   Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:35:11 +0100

<>

Sounds like a case for a -reshape long- to me, before you even -regress-...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Miranda Kim
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010 10:26
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: AW: Plotting regression coefficients

Thank you Martin, Alan and Nick for your replies,
I'm sorry I didn't give enough description of my dataset. As it is
currently structured I have each line (observation) corresponding to a
distinct person. I have five variables for each individual (five columns
in my dataset):
gluc = 2-h glucose concentration
bmi0 = BMI at birth
bmi4 = BMI at age 4
bmi6 = BMI at age 6
bmi8 = BMI at age 8
I could simply type
reg gluc bmi0
reg gluc bmi4
etc.
saving the regression coefficients (and CIs) along the way, and then
plotting them.
But I didn't know if this was a long-winded way of going about it.
Many thanks
Miranda

Blood glucose vs. BMI at birth
Blood glucose vs. BMI at age 4