Re: st: significant digits format

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: significant digits format
Date   Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:22:28 -0800

> That is something that is desirable and accepted in
> academic work; what's the benefit of starting from scratch every time?

The accepted practice is to cite prior work and distribute the
citation whenever that work is distributed. Ben has not done this. In
academia we call that plagiarism. At best, he has issued incomplete
and sporadic acknowledgement. This has led to situation where many
people are under the false impression that he is responsible to this
group of work. He is not. He is spamming the web and this list with
his name attached to the work of others. This is insulting especially
since the names of original contributors have been removed.

The recent post about "inspired by" was particularly disingenuous. I
did not care to see that particular falsehood perpetuated, so I
replied.

I probably should go through the rest of estout and esttab and see
what else is in there, but I consider the whole notion obnoxious and
nauseating. A great waste of time, really.

Roy