Re: st: significant digits format

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: significant digits format
Date   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:42:12 -0800

> A google search brings up -esttab-, which evidently creates nice
> tables of output from regression models. I had in mind however a more general tool.

What you seek has been distributed as -autofmt- from ssc.

There is no problem with programs gettting "inspired." However, there
is a problem when someone distributes such work without explicitly
saying so in the help file. Had such references made available, Jacob
may have discovered -outreg2- and possibly led to -autofmt-.

-esttab- is a work largely based on the functionality of -outreg2-.
The fact that this disclaimer has not been distributed with the
program is a discredit to the author of -esttab-.

Roy