st: -adoupdate- problem

From   Michael Hanson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -adoupdate- problem
Date   Sat, 09 Jan 2010 07:48:31 -0500

All:

On two different platforms yesterday (and again this morning), I have discovered that -adoupdate- returns "package no longer available" for all packages listed in the SSC archive -- that is, for all packages at the URL http://fmww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/* . Note that files located at other URLs, including http://www.stata.com/users/*, http://www.stata-journal.com/* , and (interestingly), http://repec.org/* all return "installed package is up to date" with -adoupdate-, which is what I would expect for the ones from SSC as well.

Interestingly (or oddly, depending on one's perspective), I can still use -ssc describe- and -ssc install- to access the very same packages that are on each machine I used, so the problem is apparently with the way -adoupdate- is interacting with SSC. This is with version 11, fully updated. Anyone else noticing this problem with -adoupdate-? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Mike