st: ASCII in dofile of STATA 11

From   Tomáš Katrňák <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ASCII in dofile of STATA 11
Date   Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:54:34 +0100

Hallo,
in dofile editor of Stata 11 it is not possible to use articles like
"ř" "č" "š" "ě" "ý" and so on. It seems that it is possible to use
only UNICODE characters. In previous versions of Stata (10, 9, and so
on) it was possible. It is interesting because in command line I can
use any ASCII codes but not in dofile editor! Because of this, I think
that many non-english speaking people can have problems with
labelings. It is my case. Each dofile I have to open in simple text
editor, use the proper labeling and after this re-open it in dofile
editor. It is not very handy.
Any suggestions what happened with dofile editor of Stata 11?
Best Tomas