st: QAP and statistical significance of differences between pairs of coefficients

From   Fabio Zona <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: QAP and statistical significance of differences between pairs of coefficients
Date   Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:26:41 +0100 (CET)

Hei, to test for differences of pairs of coefficients in a QAP - probit (coefficients reported for a single qap probit an a single sample; i.e. no comparison between groups) I have received this solution:

"you can simply save both coefficients in the QAP samples (using the "saving" option), then load the QAP results and take the difference between the coefficients (which corresponds to the null hypothesis) and compare to the difference between the coefficients in the actual data".

I do not know the stata commands I should type to do this... can someone help me?? how can I save coefficietns in the QAP samples and what are the stata words to be typed? What does "load the QAP results" mean and what is the stata command to "load" the QAP results? What does "take the difference between coefficients" mean and how do I do it (does it mean only to make the arithmetic difference of the saved coefficients? What does "compare to the difference between the coefficietns in the actual data" mean and how do I do this?