st: RE: convergence problem

From   "Rosenstock, Summer E." <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: convergence problem
Date   Fri, 8 Jan 2010 06:33:50 -0500

Thanks for the input on this! It looks like my estimates are coming in near the boundaries, which has shown to be a problem with log-binomial regression with continuous independent variables. THere are a couple of articles that document this. So, looks like I'll stick to OR on that particular variable with a foot note about convergence.

Thanks again!
Summer Rosenstock, MHS
PhD Candidate
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Global Disease Epidemiology and Control
018-3316915
(301) 760-7468
From: Rosenstock, Summer E.
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 5:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: convergence problem

I am using xtgee to analyze cluster data. I was using binomial family, logit link, independent correlation, robust variance, which was working just fine and providing ORs. However, what I really want is RR, so I changed the link to log and this is working just fine when the independent variables are not continuous. When my independent variables include a continuous variable, the model is failing to converge. I was not having this problem when I was using logit. Any thoughts on why these models won't converge when using the log link and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Summer