Re: st: easiest way to get chi-square test

From   B Web <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: easiest way to get chi-square test
Date   Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:40:47 -0800

Sorry - the private reply was unintended.

Make believe data:
Group 1:
Asians: 78%
Pacific Islander: 65%
White: 54%
African American: 53%

Group 2:
Asians: 77%
Pacific Islander: 64%
White: 53%
African American: 52%
Do the groups differ with respect to ethnicity percentages?

My data are continuous counts or percents  right now:

tab group, sum( tot_asian)  -- mean # of asians in each group
tab group, sum( tot_white)  -- mean  # of whites in each group
tab group, sum( tot_pacisland)
tab group, sum( tot_afam)

what I want is to create counts variable so I can do a chi-square on
ethnicity (2x2 table)
So                    ethnicity (white,pac.island...)
Group1:
Group2:

data table - columns( Id, tot_asian, tot_white ..., group)

1 100, 200, 1
2 50, 250, 1

3, 100, 150, 2
4, 50, 250, 2

this needs to be transformed so I have a leveled variable with counts
for each group.

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/whatstat/whatstat.htm see the
section here: tabulate female ses, chi2

I guess I need to generate the ses variable for races, but they are
now all different variables.

Sorry for the intrusion.