RE: st: easiest way to get chi-square test

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: easiest way to get chi-square test
Date   Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:15:07 +0800

It's not that clear to me what data you have, but if you have counts for each ethnic group, then you can use these as frequency weights.
Something like this:

clear*

input  id tot_asian tot_white group
1 100 200 1
2 50 250 1
3 100 150 2
4 50 250 2
end

rename tot_asian count1
rename tot_white count2

list

reshape long count, i(id) j(ethnicity)
label define ethnicfmt 1 "Asian" 2 "White"
label values  ethnicity ethnicfmt
tab  ethnicity group [fw=count], chi2