Re: st: AW: graphing sensitivity and specificity for a binary test outcome

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: graphing sensitivity and specificity for a binary test outcome
Date   Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:50:04 -0800

Thanks Martin, -roctab- doesn't seem suitable for this purpose because
my simulated test is only binary, without cut-points.
However, I have tested -senspec-, and am puzzled by the output. The
following code shows that the absolute numbers from -senspec- agrees
with each cell of my 2x2 table, but the frequency values are
different. Am I misinterpreting or mis-applying -senspec-?
Michael

***
clear
set obs 1000
set seed 12358
gen test=1 + int(2*uniform())
replace test=0 if test==2
replace test=1 in 1/300
gen disease=0 in 1/500
replace disease=1 in 501/1000
tab test disease, row
gen method=1 + int(2*uniform())
bysort method: tab test disease, row
tab test disease if method==1, row
senspec disease test if method==1, se(sens) spe(spec) fpos(fpos)
ntneg(ntneg) fneg(fneg) ntpos(ntpos) nfpos(nfpos) nfneg(nfneg)
* A ntneg sp  	B nfneg fneg  	C nfpos fpos  	D ntpos se
list test disease ntneg spec nfneg fneg nfpos fpos ntpos sens in 1/10
***

On Nov 10, 2009, at 12:22 AM, Martin Weiss wrote:

> <>
>
> Have you had a look at -roctab- and friends? Also see -ssc d
> senspec- by
> Roger Newson...
>

> HTH
> Martin