RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?

From   Laura Platchkov <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: exact command for distance ?
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:59:24 +0100

Well, Roy, do you have any idea of how long it will take if i have one dataset with 800 points  (farms) and the other, with 200'000 (points of lakes lines) ???? Stata has been running the whole afternoon now, and I am wondering whether I shouldn't maybe reduce the number of observaitons of the second dataset...

Or Is there an amendment in the command that I could do in order for STATA to compute only the distances from the farms to the nearest lakes, and not from the points of the lakes to the nearest farms...?

Laura